Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Technology hates me!

Ive had one of those days.

I over slept, got in late, then EVERYTHING whent wrong.

Actually everything went wrong on the ass end of Friday just prior to Beer O'Clock and the team meeting... So as the build no longer wanted to work (was bitching about not being able to 'clobber' cirtain files... ) so I took it as a hint and quit for the week..

It was the weekend, I'm allowed, get off my case!!!!!

But that just ment all that shit was waiting for me this morning... Finally all got P4 to get the right files and re- et their properties so I could get a clean build. But then the level I was working on would crash, just after loading, or NED (in house tool) would bug out on export...

For HOURS I went round and round, and up and down, trying to figure out what was wrong. Got a fresh build 4 times in one day (and I'm not even in QA!!!) but nothing helped...


Then I figured out I had forgotten a single vital step in the process from max to in game for a breakable physics object. That was I had forgotten to set the TXS(in house model format) to extended-skinned. DOH!!!!!!

Anyway, that sorted it all worked fine. But that was a day I could have afforded not to waste...